Johnny Cash hairstyle is one of the most iconic hairstyles, although Johnny Cash had been wearing this hairstyle since the 1950s, it gained more popularity in the early 1970s when this famous musician of that era adopted this hairstyle to crystallize his image as The Man in Black. Ultimately, it became his signature style that featured black knee-length, long coat, and greasy and glossy hairstyle.
What Does Johnny Cash Hairstyle Known As?
Johnny cash haircut is known as a rockabilly pompadour hairstyle, which is one of the most preferred choices of many guys of this modern generation, because of its classy appearance. The rockabilly Johnny Cash rocked this slick back haircut throughout his entire life and made his fans go crazy about his haircut.
This is the 1950 hairstyles from Johnny Cash, an American country music legend, one of the rockabilly pioneers, and one of the most prominent pompadour wearers in the 1950s.
How to Achieve Johnny Cash Haircut
To achieve Johnny cash hair, you must consider the following steps;
Hair Cutting Technique:
- To get this elegant Johnny Cash’s short pompadour haircut, you can use two main techniques .i.e. clipper over comb or scissor over comb. These both techniques will help you to achieve the remarkable graduating structure at the sides and back of the head. Keep the front hair relatively longer than the remaining hair.
- Create a natural hairline in such a way that it got to blend into longer top hair without creating any prominent demarcation.
- After getting the Johnny Cash haircut, it’s time to style it like a pro. For this purpose, you need to blow dry your hair after washing. While blow drying, consider to dry hair in the upward direction and lead it toward the back. It will lift the front bangs and create a flawless hair bump on top.
- Give final touch to the quiff haircut by maintaining the sides and back of the head shined and combed perfectly.
- Oh, didn’t we discuss the secret behind the greasy texture of this Johnny Cash hairstyle? Well, you all know now! It’s because of the tin of good quality pomade.
13 thoughts on “How to Style Classic Johnny Cash Haircuts – The Easy Way”
I really like that style, but I’m not sure if I could pull it off. Do you know of any forums that are specifically geared toward men’s retro hair styles?
it takes some practice. after a few times you will get it down within 5-7 mins
What kind of 'hair grease' do I need for this ?
Your a poser! So, quit acting like a you need a pompadour. I have had one since I was just a little boy and don’t need some douche bag acting like it’s a style.
^^^ I remember when I was gay ^^^
Just because you’ve had it since you were a kid, grandpa, doesn’t mean you’re the only one that gets to have it. Unless you’ve noticed, 50-60s hairstyles and clothes are coming back, so either leave room for us new ones or get lost.
Johnny's pomp is HOT. He used a "real deal" hair grease something like Dax, Murrays or Tres Flores to keep the style in place. The Pomp is a classic man's style.
You should do Joe Strummer. He had a sweet pomp and many other cool hairstyles.
how would you cut your hair to have it like this?
Johnny used royal crown pomade (not to be confused with royal crown hair dressing), and sometimes black and white pomade
Thats funny Dave. It is a style one I have been rocking for quite a few years and do encorage others to do so also. If that’s the style they lean towards but I guess there always has to be a douch bag putting people down thank you for filling that position.
I use Layrite Deluxe, love the water soluble. Helps a lot to shower the night prior and blow dry your hair cause it make the hair easier to lift and manage.
That’s one of my favorite styles. I practiced it and it’s cool.
Comments are closed.