Bruce Willis shaved head.
Shaving the head is becoming more and more popular among men. This may partially be due to the prevalence of male pattern baldness that causes a large number of men to lose their hair anyway. Shaving the pate completely often looks better than the patchy baldness that develops as the hair falls out anyway. However, if one decides to take this step, it is important that he follow these shaved head care tips:
- The first key lies in how one shaves. It is important to prep the scalp properly in order to avoid cutting oneself or creating ingrown hairs. One should take a warm shower and shampoo right before shaving to soften the hair shafts. Make sure to use a high quality shaving cream, not a gel or any product containing menthol.
- One should choose a clean, new or freshly sharpened razor. Straight razors work best, but are relatively rare. In the absence of a straight razor, use one with at least three blades to achieve the closest possible shave. Move the razor in the direction of hair growth to avoid ingrown hairs. After one has been shaving for a while, it should become possible to shave against the grain, but at first, it can cause problems to do so. Do not try to rush the process. Use a hand mirror to see those areas of the scalp that are not visible in a wall mirror and go slowly, rinsing the razor quite often.
- Following the shave, one should rinse the scalp with cool water to close the pores and apply a good aftershave balm that does not contain alcohol. Alcohol can cause your scalp to dry, creating flakes on the skin that can be very unattractive.
- For the best results, one should shave the head daily. Following the shave, one should apply moisturizing lotion to the scalp. This will help to prevent drying and flaking. It is also a good idea to use a moisturizer that contains sunscreen.
- Because the scalp is much more susceptible to damage from the sun than other areas of the skin, one should always apply sunscreen before venturing outside without a hat. The higher the SPF value, the better.
- One should probably consider shaving for the first time on a Friday night or at the beginning of a vacation. This will allow him to grow accustomed to his new look before debuting it in public. It will also permit time for the scalp to gain a bit of color. Otherwise, it will look much paler than the skin of the face and other body parts.
Following these shaved head care tips for men will usually make it easier to transition from a full head of hair or a thinning head of hair to complete baldness. It is important to pay special attention to the scalp to keep it healthy. Failure to do so can result in dry flaky skin that turns people off, ingrown hairs, and/or sunburns that are both uncomfortable and unsafe for the skin.