Here are some fantastic tips in making your hair grow faster:
- When using shampoos and conditioners use those that fit your hair type. Do not go for a shampoo and conditioner just because it is cheap. Example: 1) If you have thick hair, use a shampoo specifically for your hair and a detangling conditioner. 2) If you have dry hair, find a shampoo that will replenish your hair, not a shampoo on sale for oily hair.
- Only brush your hair when it is dry. Do not brush your hair when you get out of the shower as your hair can break easily when wet. You may use a wide toothed comb or your fingertips if your hair is wet to detangle your hair. Your best bet is to brush your hair before shampooing and conditioning your hair. This will also loosen up your hair that is about to fall out and save you from having a clogged shower drain.
- Get a haircut if your ends are damaged and split. Your hair will only continue to break off if it is already damaged. Your hair will look and feel healthy instead of out of control and scraggly. Ask your hairdresser to trim your hair to get all of the damage off.
- Eat well. Hair grows better and healthier when you take care of yourself. Eat foods from all of the basic food groups.
- Take a multivitamin for maximum health to you and your hair.
- Your hair will grow faster if your scalp is stimulated. You can achieve this by rubbing your fingertips gently on your scalp for five minutes per day. Or you may keep up with your cardio exercises to help the growth of your hair.
- To make your hair grow faster limit your hair washings. The essential oils in your scalp keep your hair healthy. Dry hair wash one to two times a week; normal hair two to four times per week; curly hair and wavy dry hair once per week or once per two weeks; and oily hair it may be necessary to wash every day. Use your own judgement on your oily hair if you think it has to be washed every day.
- Hot oil treatments and conditioners you leave in are beneficial to your hair growth.
- If you are a man with long hair and wear ponytails, only use bands made for hair. Do not use rubber bands as they come off of your hair rough and tend to break off your hair.
- Do not use flannel pillow cases. Flannel tends to suck the oils out of your scalp and hair causing it to become dryer especially in winter months.
- It is better to use a diffuser versus a blow dryer for the health of your hair.
By taking care of your overall health and using the above as habits your hair will grow faster in no time at all. Please have patience as one’s hair grows on average about 1/2 inch per month.