If you have decided to try the egg wash for the hair care, good decision! Male pattern baldness is often a cause of embarrassment to most men. Men who experience hair thinning usually opt for over the counter treatment and supplements that can help stimulate hair growth.
However, if you are looking for the best natural solution that can help you prevent or reverse hair loss, use an egg wash for hair growth. Eggs contain vital minerals and vitamins that not only help prevent hair loss and promote hair growth but can also help make your hair healthy and shiny.
Benefits of Eggs for Hair Growth
High in protein, an egg hair wash is an excellent option for men with thin, fine, and oily hair.
- Hair is composed of 70 percent keratin protein. When eggs are used as a hair wash, the protein in it not only strengthens the hair shaft but also helps fill the weakened spots along the hair strand, rebuilding damaged hair.
- Including eggs in hair care regimen will provide your hair with an intense protein treatment, helping maintain strong hair essential for healthy hair growth.
- Eggs are packed with vitamins A, D, E, B12, which are known to be essential hair growth vitamins.
How to Egg Wash Hair
Here is a video tutorial that shows step by step process how you can prepare for the egg wash:
- 1 egg
- Peppermint essential oil (to mask the egg smell)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (remove buildup and add shine to your hair)
- 1 teaspoon honey (moisturizing)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (for dry hair)
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera (moisturizing)
- Whisk an egg in a bowl and combine it with any add-ons of your choice. Take it in the shower with you.
- Rinse hair with cold or lukewarm water.
- Gradually take some of the egg mixtures in your palm and massage it to the ends and roots.
- Allow it to stay for 3-5 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly with cold water. Avoid using a conditioner.
- Always use cold water for the final rinse to prevent any scraggly bits of omelet tangled in your hair.
- If your hair is prone to dryness, use a leave-in- conditioner after the hair wash.
- If you hate the smell of eggs lingering after the hair wash, just add a few drops of lemon/ orange or any citrus fruit to your final rinse.
Since eggs contain a lot of protein, using eggs frequently to wash your hair can cause the protein in it to build up on your hair and make it dry and brittle. For best results, use an egg wash for hair growth once a week if you have fine hair and once a fortnight is if your hair dry or coarse.