It has happened to even the most dapper of men – you start off the day with perfectly styled hair that would make George Clooney green with jealousy, but by nightfall it’s clumped and greasy. This may not be completely avoidable, but there are a few preventative measures you can take:
1. Keep your hair clean. Make sure you shampoo at least every other day to rid your hair of sweat and oil buildup. The reason you may not want to shampoo every day is that your scalp can dry out and overcompensate by creating excess oil. If you’re not prone to oily hair, it’s perfectly fine to shampoo every day.
2. Skip the conditioner. Heavy, moisturizing shampoos and conditioners will add to the effects of oil instead of reversing them. Check the bottle to make sure you’re getting a shampoo designed for your hair type. Shampoos made with natural ingredients will be better for your hair than most mainstream brands, which are packed with sulfates and other undesirable chemicals.
3. Rinse thoroughly. It may seem like a no-brainer, but when you’re in a rush it’s easy to skip this important step. Leaving loads of shampoo or conditioner in your hair will coat it and weigh it down.
4. Be choosy about styling products. Seek out a lightweight styling product made of natural ingredients; preferably one that’s designed specifically for people with normal to oily hair. Test out several to see which produces the best results for your hair. Try to limit your product usage to one in order to reduce buildup. The more products you use at a time, the more oily your hair will be.
5. Use dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is a powder that usually comes in a spray can. It’s a great option if you’re feeling uncomfortable about skipping a wash. Spray it on your hair for a clean, oil-free feeling for the whole day. A low-budget alternative to dry shampoo is baby powder.
6. Put down the brush. Don’t brush your hair too often if you can avoid it and try to keep your fingers out of your hair. “Fixing” your hair with your hands regularly will transfer the oils from your fingers into your hair, resulting in even more grease.
7. Eat well. The fats and oils you consume as a part of your diet will translate into oils on your skin and hair. Avoid fatty and oily foods and stick to a healthy diet of leafy greens and lean proteins to restore your healthy skin and hair.
About the Author:
Anthony Logistics For Men offers personal care products specially formulated for men. The line was developed after extensive market research and was conceived as a full line of men’s personal care products. Quick and easy to use, an essential for most men, the products offer face, shave, hair and body solutions.