Although a long mustache can have several advantages, it also has some disadvantages. One is the fact that you may not be able to eat as normally as those with minimal facial hair. However, it is manageable to eat even with long mustache. All you need to know are simple techniques and tips on how to eat with a long mustache.
Your long mustache can interfere with the way you eat. However, you should not compromise your desire to have long mustache just because it interferes with your meal. You can eat with long mustache by following these simple tips.
- Comb your mustache out to the left and to the right. You can hold it in place using mustache wax or hair styling wax.
- Always keep a napkin by your side. These can come in handy after eating or when you feel like there’s something on your mustache.
- Avoid eating large chunks of food. It is advisable for you to cut your food into bite sizes so your mustache will not catch dirt while eating. If you are eating hamburgers or other large foods, you should use a knife and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Choose small finger foods when possible. In this way, you no longer need to cut your food.
- Remove food particles in your mustache using a brush. You can brush your mustache in a downward motion to remove them.
- If liquid particles have attached to your mustache like sauce or stains, you can use a cloth soaked with warm water to remove it. Use a mirror to see which part of your mustache is dirty then remove the dirt using the soaked cloth.
- Regularly trim your mustache. You should also shampoo and clean it regularly just like the hair on your head.
You should always make sure that your mustache is clean. Dirt from your mustache can harbor microorganisms and can destroy your looks. Always remember to maintain your hygiene together with your long beautiful mustache.