Thicker eyebrows give guys a rougher, more masculine look. And unlike men’s hairstyles that require specific cuts or lengths, thicker brows are very easy to achieve with very little effort. Here are a few tips on how to get thicker eyebrows for men.
How Men Can Get Thicker Eyebrows
Natural Remedies for Thicker Eyebrows
Put a remedy into your finger, apply it to eyebrows, then massage the brows for about 5 minutes. Leave it until an hour, then wash it using warm or plain water. Do this every day and normally you will see positive results within 3 months. Some recommended natural remedies are castor oil, coconut oil, and aloe vera. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water and eat food with essential nutrients such as vitamin, mineral, and protein.
1) Castor Oil
Castor oil is the Holy Grail for hair growth. Make sure that you’re using 100% natural cold pressed castor oil to get the best results. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that aids in hair growth and makes each strand thicker.
- Take a few drops of castor oil on your fingertips and massage them into your eyebrows.
- Wait for 30 minutes and then wipe it off using a face wash and lukewarm water.
- Repeat this every day and you will get thicker and fuller eyebrows in less than 2 months.
2) Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an easily available hair oil that’s great at promoting hair growth. It is a powerhouse of Vitamins E and K as well as iron that can give you thicker eyebrows. We would advise you to use only organic cold pressed coconut oil to get maximum benefits from its nutrients.
- Take a cotton swab and dip it into the coconut oil. Gently apply it over both your eyebrows.
- Leave it in overnight. The next morning wash it off using your regular face wash.
- For best results repeat this method every day. Even if you use it at least 3 times a week, you can get quick results.
3) Onion Juice
The juice of red onions is rich in sulfur that promotes collagen production and aids hair growth. By applying onion juice on your eyebrows, you can get thicker and fuller brows in no time. However, onions have a strong smell and it can be uncomfortable to wear its juice so close to your eyes. In that case, you can dilute it with coconut oil or olive oil and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Take an onion and put it in a blender or grate the onion to get its paste.
- Pass it through a fine strainer to collect the juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of onion juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Dip a cotton swab in this solution and carefully apply it on your eyebrows.
- Let it sit for an hour and then wash it off with water. If the pungent smell persists use lemon juice to wipe off the mixture.
- Repeat this process every alternative day for best results.
5) Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants and promotes thicker eyebrows.
- Pierce Vitamin E capsules to collect the oil.
- Massage it into your eyebrows and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this daily.
6) Curry leaves
In the Ayurveda field, you may find the use of these leaves for hair growth.
- Crush few curry leaves.
- Add a few drops of water to these leaves. It is better to use warm water to make a solution.
- After some hours, you can start the straining the leaves.
- Apply it to the eyebrows
You have to do it 3 to 4 times every week.
The lemon sap contains acid for removing excessive oils. It helps in reaching the oxygen to hair follicles of your eyebrows.
- Slice a lemon
- For two to three minutes, rub the slices on eyebrows
- Wash it after 2 minutes
You must do it twice every week.
Avoid Hair Waxing, Plucking, and Tweezing
Avoid any type of hair removal if you want to grow thicker eyebrows. Men usually are not the plucking or tweezing type, so this should not be a problem. Let your brows grow as long as possible even if you see stray hairs that make your brows look out of shape. Experts recommend waiting at least a month before plucking or tweezing.
If you want thicker eyebrows but do not want your brows to look scraggly and unkempt, cut the stray hairs instead to give your brows shape without removing the roots. This way, your hair keeps growing but you get well-kept brows.
If you suffer from hair loss on your brows or if there are noticeable patches on your brows, you can use an eyebrow pencil to cover the patches as you allow your brow hairs to grow back again. This is a cheap and instant remedy that can help anyone suffering from unexpected hair loss.
Here are some grooming mistakes many men do you should be aware of:
Hair Growth Products and Surgery
If you desperately want thicker eyebrows but are naturally predisposed to very little hair growth, you can try eyebrow enhancing serums. Hair growth solutions such as Rogaine that are typically used to hair growth on the scalp may also produce the same results on the eyebrows. Surgery is not recommended for young men with normal eyebrows.
It is the last resort for those who cannot achieve thicker brows the natural way. Hair transplants can be done on the brows to restore hair growth but they can be costly. The hair follicles can be taken from the back of the head, then placed one by one in a pattern that gives a normal and natural look.
Normally these hairs will need to be trimmed on a regular basis. Use these options only when natural methods and topical solutions don’t work.