Having really wavy hair can be a blessing for men but most of the time, it can be a curse so learning how to straighten wavy hair is vital to most guys even some women.
Steps to Straighten Wavy Hair for Guys
There are many techniques that men can use to achieve straight hair but what needs to be remembered is that taking care of the hair when using any straightener is more important. The hair is very fragile and although hair does grow back, damage to the scalp can cause permanent harm.
- Before jumping into the straightening process, you first have to recognize the type of hair you have. There are different types of straightening tools for different types of hair. You, therefore, need to determine whether your hair is coarse, fine, thick or just susceptible to humidity which causes the wave.
- You also need to consider whether you would like to permanently get rid of the wave or just temporarily have straight hair. You find that some men just want to change their look for a short while but enjoy their wavy hair.
- Once you have figured out what type of hair you have and whether you want a straight look forever then you may proceed. There are straightening creams, hair relaxers as well as a straightening iron available for getting hair straight.
- The first two are however permanent and mostly meant for really thick hair to help control it. However, once again, there are different straighteners and relaxers for different hair. You get one for really coarse hair and then for normal hair.
- Technology has made straightening hair even easier with the hair iron. In the beginning, the curling iron uses to be a huge craze and suddenly everyone had waves. Now straightening hair with flat iron is taking the world by storm.
- Different brands, with products that are stronger than others, they all have one thing in common. They all aim at getting rid of the curl and locking in the sleek. You might find that more expensive ones are more effective while cheaper ones don’t keep your hair straight for long.
Watch The Following Video Tutorial to DIY Straighten Your Natural Wavy Hair
Straightening irons are a temporary solution to a straight look. Used in conjunction with a straightening cream and relaxer it guarantees a super sleek look. However, before using these irons you need to use protective products on your wavy hair. There is an array of serums, sprays, lotions that protect the hair from heat damage and add shine for a more refined look.