It may come as a surprise to many women to learn that men can be as vain about their appearance as they can. Men take a great deal of pride in their hair styles and in the way hair can affect a man’s overall appearance. Many men prefer to wear shorter hair because it can take years off their appearance and help them to look more masculine, sexy, & strong.
Short hairstyles usually suitable for every face shape except square shape. If you have a square face shape, you can wear a style that cleans squared off corners like fauxhawk, messy spiky, curly, etc. Short hairstyle (except spiky hair with short sides) is mostly suit for oblong face shape. Because it will add width to your face shape.
The Popularity Of Men’s Short Hairstyles
Throughout the centuries, men have worn a variety of different hair lengths and styles. However, in the last one hundred or so years, men have been more prone to wearing shorter hair in mainstream society. There are many reasons for this rise in the popularity of men’s short hairstyles.
- One of the first has been religion. Most Christian denominations believe that a man should wear his hair short so that his head is uncovered when he prays. This is in opposition to the belief that women should allow theirs to grow long so that their heads are covered. This allows for a rapid distinction between the sexes on sight
- Another common reason is the need to stay cooler. Athletes and men who work outdoors in the summer know that they do not shed heat as efficiently if their hair is longer. This can be an important fact to consider when working in hot climates where keeping the body cool is critical to continuing to function.
- Being a member of the military is one of the main reasons to keep the hair short. Regulations dictate what is considered acceptable length for male hair. However, these regulations are relatively relaxed as far as the choice of men’s short hairstyles available. Men can wear a wide range of buzz cuts that result in very short hair. These can include a high and tight, a crew cut, a flat top, and more.
- Business men find that they are more widely accepted when they have short hair. They are also considered to be more trustworthy as long hair on men has been associated with less than savory lifestyles. Shorter hairstyles are viewed as more conservative and businesslike. Long hair is considered liberal and almost hippy like.
- A final reason for shorter hair to be so popular is the wide range of styles available today. The creation of hair gel and pomade have given men the ability to create virtually any style they desire and apply products that will hold the hair in place for hours at a time. In many cases, refreshing a style is a simple matter of running the fingers through the hair or applying a small amount of water and comb.
Men have many options in creating short hairstyles. There are several variations on the buzz cut, so named because it is done entirely with electric clippers that make a buzzing sound as they cut the hair. Some styles are created using a combination of clippers and scissors. Others are done entirely with scissors. Some have the hair cut with a straight razor to create added texture and jagged ends.
The cut plays a large part in determining what men’s short hairstyles can be created. Many styles are created entirely by the way the hair is cut. However, this is not always the case. Many have their hair cut shorter on the sides and back while leaving the top a bit longer. This opens up several styling options.
Spikes are also becoming more popular. There are many different ways to create spikes in the hair. This option allows men to take on a more rakish appearance for an evening on the town while restyling the hair so that it lies flat and takes on a more conservative appearance during the day.
Men’s short hairstyles have been quite popular for the last hundred years or so. They have also evolved considerably in that time. There are several reasons for this popularity including religion, military service, business, and simple personal taste.
Pictures Gallery of Short Trendy Hairstyles:
Josh Duhamel Short Haircuts
Blake Lewis Hairstyles
Eddie Murphy Haircut
Ashton Kutcher Hairstyle
- David Beckham Fauxhawk Hairstyle
- High and Tight Military Haircuts
- Paul Walker Clippered Haircut
- Elvis Presleys Hairstyle
- Simple Shape on Your Hair
- Colorful Mulhawk
- Mohawk Style from Wings of Desire
- Brad Pitt Sexy Hairstyle
Short Hair Styling Tips
- How to Choose the Best Mens Short Hairstyles
Making the decision to choose the best short hairstyle can be a daunting task, as one wrong move can have a not good ending that will last for several months while waiting for a bad haircut to grow back.
- The Benefits of Short Hair
Many men are very interested in short hairstyle. Because there are many benefits of short hair. Here is the list of the benefits you can get from wearing short hair.
- Short Curly Haircut Ideas
Short curly hairstyles are easy to manage and are very in style. Very Short curly hair can take away the curls and give the impression that the hair is straight. A great short hair cut can be done professionally.
- How To Style Men’s Short Hair
Men’s hairstyles have evolved and changed with the times. From the big hair of the 80’s rock band styles to the long hair messy grunge look to the spikey do’s, men are into their hair as much as women. Through the ages men have been searching for how to style men’s short hair and have come up with some great ways to go from corporate to cutting edge.
- How To Use A Flat Iron On Short Hair
Flat irons have become an increasingly popular tool especially when it comes to creating those much desired salon hairstyles. This option is a quick method to achieve a sleeker and straighter look. How to use a flat iron on mens short hair involves selecting the correct type of device and implementing specific technique for the desired style.