Having really wavy hair can be a blessing but most of the time, it can be a curse so learning how to straighten wavy hair is vital to most men & women.
There are many techniques that one can use to achieve straight hair but what needs to be remembered is that taking care of the hair when using any straightener is more important. The hair is very fragile and although hair does grow back, damage to the scalp can cause permanent harm.
- Before jumping in to the straightening process, you first have to recognize the type of hair you have. There are different types of straightening tools for different types of hair. You therefore need to determine whether your hair is coarse, fine, thick or just susceptible to humidity which causes the wave.
- You also need to consider whether you would like to permanently get rid of the wave or just temporarily have straight hair. You find that some men just want to change their look for a short while but enjoy their wavy hair.
- Once you have figured out what type of hair you have and whether you want a straight look forever then you may proceed. There are straightening creams, relaxers as well as a straightening iron available for getting hair straight.
- The first two are however permanent and mostly meant for really thick hair to help control it. However, once again, there are different straighteners and relaxers for different hair. You get one for really coarse hair and then for normal hair.
- Technology has made straightening hair even easier with the hair iron. In the beginning the curling iron use to be a huge craze and suddenly everyone had waves. Now the straightening iron is taking the world by storm.
- Different brands, with products that are stronger than others, they all have one thing in common. They all aim at getting rid of the curl and locking in the sleek. You might find that more expensive ones are more effective while cheaper ones don’t keep your hair straight for long.
Straightening irons are a temporary solution to a straight look. Used in conjunction with a straightening cream and relaxer it guarantees a super sleek look. However before using these irons you need to use protective products on your hair. There are an array of serums, sprays, lotions that protect the hair form heat damage and add shine for a more refined look.