A lot of men wish to straighten their hair, and there are several ways to do this. However one of the best methods involves the use of tools like flat iron. Yet, if you are not careful you may cause a lot of damage. Here are some helpful tips on how to flat iron your hair without damaging it.
- Proper tools are the most important thing to consider. Cheap irons are not going to do the best straightening job. In fact, the heat can sometimes be uneven. This means that in order to get it hot enough, it may be too hot in some areas. Too much heat is one of the best ways to cause a lot of damage.
- It will cost more money for quality ceramic irons. However, you will get a lot more for the money. Ceramic is easier to use and will glide over curls, straightening them in the process. Also, ceramic plates heat more evenly than other kinds. They are far less likely to cause any damage to lustrous locks. Make sure to buy a model that has an automatic shut off after a period of time. This will keep the home safe from fire hazards.
- Another important advantage to ceramic irons is durability. A good iron will last a very long time and provide years of service. Of course, if your girlfriend or significant other has a quality straightening tool, you may be able to borrow it. You also can ask her for assistance and instructions on the best way to use it.
- It is a good idea to buy quality shampoo and conditioner. Also, invest in a good heat protector product. If you are not sure what to buy, ask someone at your local pharmacy, or a female friend. This way, you will have the best available products. Most heat protecting products are simply rubbed into the hair before straightening.
- If you have very thick locks, you may be able to use an iron at temperatures close to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). However, if you have thinner or fine hair, you should lower the heat setting. Usually you can use the lowest setting. But it should be at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) or lower. This will protect you from excessive heat damage.
- After shampooing, towel dry and use a blow dryer on the lowest setting. There is no need to add additional heat. Gently comb as you dry and apply a good straightening agent. This will helps flat irons work better and you may not need as much heat. It is also a good idea to invest in flat iron spray products. These can be sprayed on before ironing.
- When you start to use your straightening tool, it should be preheated to the appropriate setting. Use one section of hair at a time and let the tool flow steady and smoothly. Do not proceed too slowly or stop in the middle. If you want to know how to flat iron your hair without damaging it, the secret is low heat and quality ceramic flat irons.