A beard can have a profound effect on the appearance of a man. In most cases, it can make him look older, more rugged, and outdoorsy.
However, failing to properly groom a beard can make one look completely disheveled and turn more heads away from him than toward him. This is why a man should follow the below beard trimming tips to look at his best.
- The first step, regardless of the style of beard one chooses to wear, is to assemble the proper tools for the job. These can include a good pair of scissors, an electric beard trimmer, or a GoateeSaver. In addition, one should have a good wall mirror and/or one that can be held in the hand and can be used to view the beard from different angles. Shaving gel and a razor are also essential tools for properly trimming and grooming a beard. One is also likely to need a comb with both wide and narrow teeth.
- One should make certain that the beard is completely dry when beginning the trimming process. It is likely that one will cut off more hair than desired if it is wet because wet hair hangs straighter and looks longer.
- In the past, most men simply grew a full beard and left it at that. Today, there are many different types of beards and ways to shape it. Therefore, one should decide on the shape and length he wants before he makes the first cut.
- Start trimming the beard below the ear. One should make a pass down one side to establish the length desired. Then he should do the other side to keep them both even. The use of an electric trimmer is generally easier because one can put guards on the tool that set the length of the cut and maintain it uniformly throughout the trimming process.
- If one wants to wear a partial beard or a goatee, he should use a razor to shave off the unwanted hair. It is important to view the remaining hair from as many angles as possible to ensure that one has sculpted the beard to the desired shape. Remove all the unwanted hair with the razor and shave gel.
- The last step is to use the scissors or trimmer to finish shaping the beard and adjusting the length. Remember that it is always easier to cut more hair off than to put it back. Therefore, one should start out leaving the beard relatively long and trim it in small increments until the desired length is reached.
- Washing the beard in shampoo with a conditioner is a good way to soften the hair and make the trimming process easier. Many women also prefer their men to have a softer beard that does not scratch them when they are kissing.
Following these beard trimming tips for men can help one to look freshly groomed at all times. After the beard is trimmed, it is a good idea to oil the tools used and make sure that they are free from excess hair strands. This will help ensure that everything is in working order when it is time to trim the beard again.
Beard Grooming Tips
Not all men should attempt to grow and maintain a beard, but if you are in favor of facial hair, follow good beard grooming tips to keep your appearance clean and sharp. A beard is not for everyone. You will want to keep your lifestyle in mind before deciding on the length and style of your beard. Your face shape is also important in deciding on the style.
Cleanliness is the best in every beard style. Make sure that the facial hair is free of flakes, foods or skin oils which can interfere with your appearance. Particularly when you are first beginning a beard growth, your skin may itch. This is usually the point at which many men decide that the bearded look is not worth the effort.
You will need to trim your beard regularly. If you have the trim done professionally, you may not get the results you want. You should cultivate a stylist who is willing to do what you want in the shape and length of the beard. If your stylist offers suggestions, you should take those into consideration, but you must also listen to your own style desires.
If you want to do your own grooming, it is more difficult to get a good job, but it may be done. You need to take into consideration that most people are not able to operate the tools as efficiently with either hand, yet you must work on both sides of your face. If you do the trim yourself, it is important to have the right tools and to have them in proper working order. Combing the beard and trimming half as much as you plan to remove in the final results. It’s better to make more than one pass.
When you choose to use a coloring agent on your beard, you should make certain that you use the proper products and use them according to the directions. If you are uncertain about the process, you may be better off to get professional help. Regardless of how the product is used, you should find one that matches your natural hair color as closely as possible.
These beard grooming tips will help you to keep your beard in perfect shape at all times. You can check the look each morning as part of your routine grooming. Always make sure the hair is healthy. There is no substitute for hair and skin that is clean and healthy. Never use harsh shampoos or coloring agents.